Check out our health care magazine
Find out how a team-based approach to a Calgary woman’s battle with chronic pain changed her life.
Find a Doctor
Live in the Calgary area? Need a family doctor?
Register on the Need a Doctor website to find a family physician. For more information, call Health Link at (403) 943-5465.
What is a Health Home?
A family doctor’s clinic is a patient’s Health Home, connecting them to the care they need, when they need it. Learn more about Health Homes on our Who we are page.
Who’s on my Health Team?
Look for the name of your clinic in this list to find out who is on your Health Team.
What is a Primary Care Network?
Primary Care Networks are groups of family doctors who work with other health professionals and Alberta Health Services to deliver primary health care throughout the province. Click here to learn more.
What services are available to me?
Is my doctor part of a PCN?
If your family doctor is a member of the Calgary Foothills Primary Care Network, you have a Health Home and access to our programs. To find out if your physician is a member, ask your family doctor or look for their name in our member list.
Where can I get after hours care?
If your family doctor is a member, you can access our after hours care service — Access 365 Clinic — by calling Health Link at 943-LINK(5465) and giving your doctor’s name.
Health team members
Behavioural health consultant
Your health team includes a behavioural health consultant, who can offer short-term support to help you:
- Enhance your overall emotional and mental well-being
- Adjust to family or lifestyle changes and transitions
- Cope with stress, anxiety or depression
- Discuss relationships, spiritual or personal concerns
Health management nurse
Your health team includes a health management nurse, who works in partnership with your family doctor. Meet with a health management nurse to:
- Set achievable health goals and make healthier lifestyle choices
- Access support for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and other conditions
- Learn weight management strategies
- Receive help to quit smoking or increase physical activity
Your health team includes a clinical pharmacist, who works in partnership with your family doctor to review your medications. Meet with a clinical pharmacist to:
- Manage medications for conditions including diabetes, chronic pain, high blood pressure and cholesterol, asthma and COPD
- Create a personal action plan to achieve your health goals
- Access information and education about natural medicines and supplements
Your health team includes a registered dietitian, who works in partnership with your family doctor to help you set personal goals for dietary changes. Meet with a registered dietitian for:
- Practical advice on making healthy food choices and improving eating habits
- Information about diabetes, liver, heart or kidney conditions
- Education on stomach and bowel problems, Celiac disease and food allergies
- Support during and after pregnancy
Use the resource trusted by our family doctors and health team members
Type your question into UpToDate and access evidence-based resources.
It’s important to have a family doctor
Patients who have regular access to a family doctor have better health outcomes.
Video courtesy of Toward Optimized Practice.
Win the pain game
WATCHING Jen walk down the street, you’d never know she is bracing against the …read more
Drug switch a ‘life-changer’
IMPROVING the life of just one patient is a true success story for any treating …read more
Healthy relationship with food
WHEN Frank and Karla Mah became concerned about the long-term effects …read more
Services to help both patients and family doctors
Eighty-eight clinics, 395 doctors, 364,882 patients: get the lowdown on Calgary Foothills Primary Care Network through our 2013-14 Report to the Community — who we are, what we do and how we do it. You can also read our previous years’ reports.